Health Care Forum

Body care, skin care, women's health, men's health, children and teens, weight loss & beauty advice

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:23 pm 
User

well i no you cant give me the answer, but would very much appreciate some advice.
i am nearly 7 weeks pregnant, and all so confused.
it was an unplanned pregnancy with a new partner, but when i 1st found out i was excited, seeing as in my previous relationship i had suffered 2 miscarriages at 5 weeks.
the problem is i woke up saturday morning in a complete panic. i just started feeling i dont love my partner, and couldnt stop crying.
i live at home with my parents, i do work but not enough to rent a flat on my own and provide for a baby. my partner has not got a job either so would be no help.
although i no i can love my baby i dont no if i can provide properly. i am considering abortion?
the thing that worries me aswell is as i have miscarried before, will the abortion stop me from ever being able to have children in the future?

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:23 pm 
User

hello,
I am a university professor and a Ph.D. level researcher who studies the psychological effects of abortion and I stumbled upon your post as I was looking for women's experiences to quote in a presentation I am giving at the UN in 10 days. I noticed the current date of your post and felt compelled to respond.

There is actually a strong link between abortion history and preterm birth in subsequent pregnancies and there is evidence that abortion history increases risk for miscarriage in later pregnancies.

My work is on the psychological effects and the evidence strongly suggests that women who abort are at an increased risk for mental health problems including anxiety, depression, substance abuse, and suicidal behavior. It is NOT the easy fix that so many women are brainwashed into thinking it will be. Women who feel some connection to the pregnancy..want it on some level and experience maternal feelings are particularly prone to suffer after abortion. It breaks my heart when I hear the many stories of regret, guilt and remorse that for some women last a lifetime. I do hope you find the courage and support to carry to term. I would avoid making a decision regarding your partner. If you decide to keep the baby, you may see an entirely different guy!