Health Care Forum

Body care, skin care, women's health, men's health, children and teens, weight loss & beauty advice

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:45 pm 

Some people have strong feelings one way or the other. I don't really know how I feel. How do you feel about this issue? Are you pro-choice, pro-life, or what?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:45 pm 
User

I feel sad. I don't like to think of the innocent little children being killed before they get to see the light of day. At later stages of development, these poor kids can feel pain.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:46 pm 

I think abortion is an awful subject to touch on. It's a sad issue and there are many sides to abortion. I feel that abortions are unneccessary just because there is life inside you and it is kind of like murder.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:47 pm 
User

It annoys me how much time it wastes in politics.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:48 pm 
User

I am pro life. What annoys me about some women who have abortions is that some, not all, use it as a form of birth control! I have heard of woman having unprotected sex, getting pregnant and go have an abortion like it's no big deal. It is a big deal and should not be taken lightly!

I believe a fetus is an individual human being who by nature and in my opinion,by God has the right to live! Sex creates babies that is what it does, the womb has only one function and that is to provide a tempoary "home" for the fetus until they are mature enough to live on the outside.

Prevent pregnancy before it happens! I do understand that women sometimes get raped and choose abortion if they get pregnant. I have nothing to say about that one way or the other and I know there are many other reasons women have abortions, just don't use it as a form of birth control!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:49 pm 
User

I am pro choice.

I do not by any means support using abortion as birth control, but there are several reasons why I beleive abortion should be legal.

The world has a surplus of unwanted children that are born every year. These children, if they are very lucky, are adopted by people who are unable to have thier own children. The majority of these unwanted children spend thier childhoods in underfunded and undestaffed orphanages, end up homeless beggers, or if they are lucky are shuttled from foster home to foster home throughout thier childhood years. They day they reach the age of 18 they are completely on thier own. Many of these children end up involved in crime and drugs and never learn to make lasting healthy relationships or feel that they belong anywhere.
Until we can care for all the unwanted children who make it past birth, I cannot see the sense in requiring all expecting mothers to have a baby if they want to or not.

There is also cases of circumstances, such as rape, incest, or endangering the mother's health. This may sound callous but I for one would choose to have an abortion rather then risk my life for a pregnancy. I would choose to adopt instead, so that other children could benefit from my decision.
There are also cases such as one I heard a while ago, a woman found out that her unborn child would have the most severe form of spina bifida possible, and would certainly never be able to walk, talk, eat normally, or do just about anything other then breath and urinate. The child would require round the clock care for it's entire life. If this were you or someone you knew, what would you do?

Lastly, there is my concern for the health and lives of all the women who will continue to abort thier fetus' whether or not it is legal. These abortions are done under unsanitary conditions and often result in the mother needing to be hospitalized for surgury and blood transfusions. The mother can be left unable to have children anymore, or even end up dead. To me, the chance of saving one life by illegalizing abortion is not worth it if two lives end up being taken. Abortion, in some form or another, has existed since women began bearing children. It will not go away just because the government says it should. I would much rather know it is being performed safely and with medical attention available then risk the lives of all the women who feel they have no choice other then to stick a hanger up there.

While I don't like abortion, I strongly believe in the woman's right to choose. The government should not be able to regulate what I do with my body or if I be required to use my body to keep another alive.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:49 pm 
User

I am pro-choice, but I think it is cruel to use abortion as birth control. Abortion should be a last resort. If you do not want a baby, it is cruel to get pregnant just to kill the baby. Take proper precautions to avoid getting pregnant in the first place.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:50 pm 
User

I'm anti abortion. I've been trying to convince my friend in Maryland not to have one. She's been anoymously seeking advice. Please even you can convince her not to write something to girlyhager.

Doctor

She was in prison. The inmates for a pardon along with several key political figures such as George W. Bush, Barack Obama, and John Mccain decided since I have the Jewish birthright and am an uncrowned King of the Jews they have the right to abort my child to cut my line off. They decided for the woman let the other women kill the baby.

Then raped tortured, and mutilated my child in prison.

Didn't even give her a proper burial.

Furthermore they use this baby to cast spells of necromancy which I will not detail.

Yet they claim they are for a woman's choice.

I'm pro-life/pro-choice. I'm all for life, adoptions, and taking care of a child. Yet it is always a woman's body and therefore her choice. Still society should learn from Africa's not-so-primitive society. Every child is a blessing, and the whole community should care and strive to take care of the child. I do understand if the woman's life was in danger HOWEVER NOT ONLY WAS MY WIFE'S LIFE NOT IN DANGER. She was never even consulted about the decision.

This is plain out murder and abuse of the abortion issue.

What do you pro-abortion people say now?

User

Honestly I feel sad if I head or see an abortion cases I really hate those parents wasting life of their baby but I understand why they do that.