Health Care Forum

Body care, skin care, women's health, men's health, children and teens, weight loss & beauty advice

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:01 pm 
User

Ok so I am new here and have been reading everyone'sposts and must say that this is the most welcoming forum I have visited. No judgements passed or namecalling thank goodness! My story goes like this (BTW I am 27):

In 2008 I became pregnant for the first time and quickly decided I could not become a mother yet so I chose a medical abortion at 4 weeks. I was not too researched on it since I didn't have a computer of my own yet and was only going by my sister's exerience on it (which involved excessive bleeding and a trip to ER). So I had Methotrexate shot and 4 Misoprostol pills to take home and insert vaginally. I did everything correctly but only had mild cramps for the next 2 weeks that came and went in waves. NO spotting at all. I knew it hadn't worked so when I went back for my follow-up I got a second round of miso pills. About 2 days after inserting them I had what I could only guess could be described as labor pains! I was praying for death and begging my mom to knock me unconcious! Exactly 30 mins later I crawled to the bathroom where I expelled the whole sac in tact in the toilet. After that I felt 100% normal, no spotting afterwards no cramping nothing. However the mental anguish of knowing it hadn't worked basically meant I had to carry this for almsot a month before it finally had worked and invloved 3 trips to the clinic and many sleepless nights. So here I am pregnant again because my BC method failed me. I thought I would have the medical procedure done but seeing as the first has traumatized me I started looking into the surgical procedure and everyone has said how much easier on your emotions and body it is. I dont think I could do the medical again for the mere fact that it DIDNT work for me. My question is what would the odds be of it failing me this time around since it failed me the first time? Thanks so much...I understand it will just be guesses but I'd like to hear your opinions.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:02 pm 

Hi i experienced a surgical abortion on the 14th october, i must say i did have pain to begin with as i had 2 tablets to place in my cheeks and let them dissolve (open my cervix) as soon as they disolved i experienced severe pain (this only happened to me the other girls there who had the tablets were fine!) i was also vomitting and had very bad diarohea ! The pain gradually went off then i went into the theatre got put to sleep and woke up in a daze. I was so scared when i was put to sleep i cryed a little bit!! But to wake and not have to go through seeing it etc was better than what i can imagine a medical. I do get emotional and think about what happened but i just wasn't ready for a baby. I do regret my decision but not to the point where i wish i never did it. If that makes sense.

As for the succesfullness as long as you use a good surgen or surgery then you shouldnt have the problem of it failing. Obviously there is a chance it cant be incomplete but useing a proper surgeon etc u should be fine.

I hope i have helped your decision !!

Surgical is definately less painfull and less stress to your emotions.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:03 pm 
User

Ok I have a question I recently had the surgical abortion done a little over a month ago. I am just now having my first period after having the procedure and I am in so much pain and the bleeding is worse then you could ever imagine.. I am thinking I need to go get checked out but I am scared to since no one in the town where I live knows anything about this and this was such a hard decision for me to make and go thru. There is not a day that goes by that I do not regret it.. If anyone has some advice please feel free to tell me.. Thank you all so much