Health Care Forum

Body care, skin care, women's health, men's health, children and teens, weight loss & beauty advice

All times are UTC

Post subject: How to take Cytotec
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:40 pm 
User

Okay ... I'm 6 and a half weeks pregnant (from date of first day of last period) and live in a country where abortion is illegal.

I've purchased 6 Cytotec tablets and am unsure as to the best way to take them.

I was instructed to take 2 vaginally and 2 orally, then wait an hour and then take another 1 vaginally and 1 orally.

But ... after reading various threads on this site, I see that 4 vaginally is recommended.

Am planning to do this in the next couple of hours, so would really appreciate any fast responses.

Post subject: Re: How to take Cytotec
PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:41 pm 
Doctor

I took 3 vaginally and 1 orally, waited an hour, then took another 1 vaginally and 1 orally.
All went to plan and worked. Did it overnight and did sleep on and off.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:41 pm 
User

really it works?? it really effective?? all the placenta fetus are gone?? or still a blood clots.. im afraid to take it bec. afraid of having D and C bec of the left over thingy help me plis i have 8 misoprostol... and i dont now how to take it effectively ... reply asap

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 pm 
User

Yes, Cytotec worked as mentioned above. I had clots and discomfort on and off for 5-7 days. After 14 days I went to a gynaecologist and said that I'd had a miscarriage and just wanted a scan to check all was 'clear' - she did this and confirmed uterus was empty and there was no need for a d&c or anything like that. As mentioned before I live in a country where abortion is illegal

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:42 pm 
User

hey, I need help, by next week I will be taking a pregnancy test, I had sex a day after my last period which was about two and a half weeks ago (second to the last week of August). I just want to be sure. I experienced spotting recently and it might be implantation bleeding. If so I find out that I am preggy by next week, when should I take Cytotec through the procedure you posted?I need your help.

in addition, how do I take it orally and vaginally? what are the steps?do I just insert it or what? I need a reply asap.

Lastly, i need to be sure that what you posted was true? and what happens after I take them in?