Health Care Forum

Body care, skin care, women's health, men's health, children and teens, weight loss & beauty advice

All times are UTC

Post subject: against human nature
PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:59 pm 
User

After a lot of waffling, my girlfriend recently got a late abortion. Our circumstances were difficult. We live four hours apart and she has a teenage daughter. She lives in a city, and I live rurally with limited amenities in the nearby towns. Most of our discussions were about where to live and how to get by, and how to move her daughter. I was TOTALLY WILLING to support everyone (she gets almost NO child support) and to sell some of my land to give us a head start.

We negotiated for weeks over where to move, etc., and we struggled to find compromises. Initially abortion was NOT AN OPTION. But over time, it became one. A total of three appointments were cancelled. I tried hard to offer the best financial and domestic arrangement I could, but I never (for reasons unknown to me) could come out and say, "I want you to have this baby."

Without going into details, we were both going to have to move, and we were very upset about this. Over time, we became desensitized to the LIFE inside her. What was unthinkable in the beginning became a topic of debate, and at times we were BOTH in favor of abortion, but we always backed out.

She became rather desperate over changes facing her daughter and I was distressed over selling part of my dream (land). Again, the budding child got lost in the FEAR AND EGO attachments, and in some kind of dream-state we went for the fourth appointment. I took NO POSITION this last time, telling her to choose for her and her daughter. I know on some level, I wanted her to have an abortion to put my life somewhere back to normal, while at the same time I was terrified of abortion.

She went through with it, and I swear the hurt in her face after was the saddest thing I have ever seen. As soon as she was gone behind the doors, I knew I had made a terrible mistake.

One month later, and she is holding up fairly well, but I am a wreck of guilt and regret. THAT WAS MY SON OR DAUGHTER, and I took him or her to a place where they killed her or him, extracted an "inconvenience."

I have cried, screamed, sunk to the floor, and wanted to die with the pain in my heart. I can barely work. Life is empty. I am a shell. My woman and I remain close and there is no blame. But I can only say to a man considering being part of an abortion. BE VERY CAREFUL. I had NO IDEA how awful this would feel. And all I was clinging to seems further away from me than ever.

My advice is to MAN UP. Find the love in your heart for that baby and TRY to protect your woman and your child. If she truly decides an abortion is in her best interest, at least you will have DONE YOUR BEST. Offer all you can and tell her you want that child!

I am not a religious guy, but common sense tells me that is LIFE in there, and one it is YOUR JOB to protect. Tell her that. Any parent will tell you they do not regret having kids, even if they are divorced.