Health Care Forum

Body care, skin care, women's health, men's health, children and teens, weight loss & beauty advice

All times are UTC

[ 2 posts ] 
 Post subject: Gunky baby eyes :(
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:56 am 

Twice since last nights sleep my DD has woken up with gunky eyes. It only happens after a long sleep, like last night and her middle of the day sleeps, not her other catnaps.

I dont think its conjuncto as when shes awake her eyes are fine once ive cleaned them and the gunk doesnt come back but i dont know what else it could be or if its worth a trip to the dr in the morning???

Thanks

Post subject: Re: Gunky baby eyes :(
PostPosted: Wed Jun 29, 2011 6:56 am 

how old is she?

and is she breastfed?

when my baby was a newborn she had gunky eyes and a midwife recommended squirting breastmilk in her eyes and wiping them down with a clean cotton ball for each eye.

sounds gross but cleared it up in about 48 hours, along with gently using my pinky finger to massage near her tear duct (VERY GENTLY and with short nails!!) as they thought she had blocked tear ducts.

i'd try that and if it doesnt work or you are not breastfeeding, perhaps a trip to the dr. good luck!

[ 2 posts ]