Health Care Forum

Body care, skin care, women's health, men's health, children and teens, weight loss & beauty advice

All times are UTC

[ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Did I break the hymen?
PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:47 pm 
User

Hello, I am 21 years old, and I never had sex, However, for the past six months I have been playing with my clitoris, I never put the fingers inside my vagina, however, I have been getting wet a lot... How can i know if a brok the hymen?

Doctor

no you did not break your hymen. if you had you would have to have gone through alot of pain and you would have seen blood.

User

You can get a mirror and look down there to see if it is broken, or torn. You cannot break your hymen through just touching your clit though (you may have realized this...) you need penetration.

User

There isn't always alot of pain. In fact, alot of girls don't even notice when their hymen breaks. It can be caused by something as simple as riding your bike. So you may have already broken it without any... intentional action... down there. Hope that helps.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 27, 2011 9:48 pm 
User

Hello,

I am 24 years old. I have never had sex, but for the past few months I have had a steady boyfriend. He is aware that I am still a virgin. So for now I just masturbate. Although until recently I noticed it hurt while masturbating and so I went to the bathroom and saw blood --- a few drops of it. Then in the morning I checked to see if I was still bleeding. I wasn't, so I am certain it wasnt my menstrual cycle. Does that mean I broke my hymen ? Input would be appreciated ... Im quite new at this :) ... Thank you

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 7:03 am 

For years people have been associating the hymen with virginity... It is all b.s. A complete myth!
Some women are born with hymen, some are born without. Some are born with very very thick ones, some women are born with it only partially intact.
I'm an anatomy and physiology student, we spent three weeks on the reproductive system, and believe me when I tell you, theres no sure fire way to know if you had one, broke it, or were born without it.
If you felt no pain, experienced no bleeding, you probably didn't have one. But if there is pain and bleeding, then maybe you broke it.

[ 6 posts ]