Health Care Forum

Body care, skin care, women's health, men's health, children and teens, weight loss & beauty advice

All times are UTC

[ 8 posts ] 
PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:45 pm 
User

I am 50 with normal size breasts. For months my nipples itched (with no discharge). Now, for 2 months my breasts have itched so much.
I read once a year ago that itchy breasts is a symptom of cancer and the doctors and american cancer society do not "know "about this yet.
Anyone know?

Doctor

I wanted to remark that I myself experience itchy nipples if I have drank too much caffeine. If I take myself off of it then the itching goes totally away. I have made a very serious decision to stay off caffeine products and replace them with just good ole plain water. This seems to keep me feeling in tip top shape. Hope this helps

Doctor

Thanks. I am a 57 y/o male with not only itchy breasts but also chest and stomach itchy too.
I am interested in your comment about the "cancer" connection.
Can you point me to more info? Tks again.

User

There was just a story about this on our local chanel. They said that it could be cancer IF there was a rash to go along with it. Also, one breast would/could be swollen. Since I posted this article my itching has completely stopped. I itched for about 8 months. My girlfriend has the same issue... she itched for many months and suddenly it quit. If you have a rash, or are swollen, please see your Dr.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:46 pm 
Doctor

I am a 34 year old female with larger sized breasts. Last winter I had severely itchy breasts for months. It went away in the summer, and now it's back.

I thought it might have been the dryness, but I always keep my breasts hydrated with lotion & Hydrocotisone & They still severely itch.

Confused

User

There is a rare form of breast cancer called Inflammatory Breast Cancer. Symptoms can include itching, as well as pain, and a hot or swollen breast. ICB usually (although not always) starts in one breast. Since both of your breasts are affected and you don't mention the other symptoms, your itchiness is probably caused by a benign condition. If you are concerned, you should see a doctor.

User

In response to the itchy breasts - I am a breast cancer survivor at age 32. The nipple of my cancer side itched like crazy, and I did not have inflammatory breast cancer, it was invasive ductal carcinoma. If your breast itches or changes color, or has any changes get it checked, and always perform monthly breast exams-that saved my life. Fact-your never too young to get breast cancer.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 4:25 pm 
User

Breast cancer patients with typical symptoms depending on their type. If the breast has been very red and more hard and painful and sometimes "bumpy", if there is inflammation near the small hives which is inflammatory breast cancer.

[ 8 posts ]