Health Care Forum

Body care, skin care, women's health, men's health, children and teens, weight loss & beauty advice

All times are UTC

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:35 pm 
User

I had an abortion 5 days ago, i was 12 weeks. The first couple of days after the abortion i had brown and light pink blood and little clots, but just now all of a sudden i have begun leaking what seems to be fresh red blood. It is not heavy, about medium. Is this normal ? I am suppose to take two antibiotic tablets a day on a 8 day routine, and i did forget one day to take them. I have hear that you do not usually start your periods until 4-6 weeks after an abortion. Is this bleeding normal or could there be a problem? Thank you.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:35 pm 
User

yes it is normal, you will bleed for about a week and a half, bad cramping is also normal, did they give you any pain relievers? Also, do not have sex, you could get pregnant again. Plenty of rest and maybe some vitamins to boost up your iron level, because usually after an abortion, you become very anemic. Hope you feel better!